Home Brew Start Kit's are made of the equipment needed to brew your first batch. The equipment for brewing isn't at all that strange or unique, its just not exactly that common. For example, many of the start kits come with some type of carboy or food grade bucket for fermentation. Its important that you use very clean, and sterile buckets or carboys for this. If you have old buckets that you have used for anything other than food, or if they are scratched or have signs of wear and tear, it is much better to start with a new one.
The choice of going with a bucket vs a carboy is really up to the home brewer. Either will do just fine. The carboy gives you a some visual indicators of whats going on inside, without having to remove the lid. It also allows you to see the trub that has settled to the bottom during the fermentation process. In the end either choice will work fine as long as they are adequately sealed with an airlock.
The airlock for brewing beer is one of those necessary pieces, yet is not going to be commonly found around the household. It is designed to let air our of the fermentation vessel, and not let air in. As fermentation is underway, carbon dioxide is being released. This gas needs to escape in order to avoid pressure build up. The airlock is what allows this to happen.
Other than the items mentioned, the starter kits that require bottling, will come with a bottle capper and caps. The capper is a lever-based contraption that, without much effort, allows you to pop a cap right onto a bottle. It makes bottling a case or two of beer fairly simple....and the end product (a couple of full cases), is indeed the reward.
The best home brewing starter kits come in various shapes, forms and prices. Some of them would be considered investments, as you can use this equipment over and over. Some also come with the recipes ready to go for your first batch.
- Coopers DIY Beer Mexican Cerveza Brewing Extract brews 6 gallons (48 pints) of delicious craft beer. Coopers Mexican Cerveza emulates the style of the finest quality beers exported from Mexico. This premium beer is light in style with a fresh clean taste, ideally served ice-cold with a wedge of lime or lemon.
- Coopers DIY Beer brewing extracts are all natural, GMO free, have no added sugar and are made from the highest quality barley and hops at Coopers Brewery's state-of-the-art facility using a processes to retain all of the natural flavors, colors, and characteristics that are vital in brewing high-quality beer.
- Brewing extracts cut time, equipment, space and cost-intensive steps out of the homebrew process - while producing a consistently great-tasting, premium craft beer.
- The proprietary brewing yeast that is included with every Coopers DIY Beer brewing extract is designed specifically to perform well at a wide variety of temperatures, allowing brewers to rest easy brewing their beer at any time of year.
- This refill includes the Mexican Cerveza Brewing Extract and propriety brewing yeast. In order to use this Brewing Extract you will also need Coopers DIY Beer Brew Enhancer 2. This brewing extract is designed to be used with your Coopers DIY Beer 6 Gallon Beer Making Kit.
- Mexico is known for its arid lands, dusty conditions and oppressive heat. So it’s not surprising that the people of Mexico are expert at quenching a thirst. Coopers Mexican Cerveza emulates the style of the finest quality beers exported from Mexico. This premium beer is light in style with a fresh clean taste, ideally served ice-cold with a wedge of lime or lemon.
- HOMEBREW FRIENDLY: Whether you're brewing craft beer with your beer making kit, kombucha starter kit, kefir, or soda, these glass bottles with airtight lids make it easy to carry out your latest beverage project. At 16 ounces per bottle, you'll have plenty to serve at your next party. Can be used as kombucha bottles or beer bottles for home brewing.
- SAFELY PACKAGED & REUSABLE: Each set comes safely packaged to prevent breakage while shipping. Each bottle is made of glass and can be reused again and again. Bottles are dishwasher safe.
- DURABLE & RESEALABLE CAPS: Plastic & rubber fliptop gaskets are easy to remove and put on, keeping your homemade beverages sealed and preserving carbonation or any other fermentation.
- PACK OF 6 OR 12: Are you an avid homebrewing pro? Save money by buying in bulk. We offer our customers a choice of a set of 6 or 12 longneck beerbottles per set that can be used as glass beer bottles or bottles for kombucha.
- 30-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Your happiness is our priority. If you have any issues, reach back out and we'll promise to make it right with a refund or a replacement, no questions asked.
Great value. Great quality. At California Basics, we aim to provide our customers with the best quality essentials at the best price.
Our California Basics Beer Bottles feature incredibly high-quality glass bottles perfect for any avid homebrewing hobbyist. Whether making your own kefir, craft beer, kombucha, or soda, our bottles make it easy to store your tasty beverages. Each bottle comes with its own reusable and easy-to-remove fliptop cap so that you can reuse your bottle over and over again.
- Makes 2 Gallons of great tasting Hard Apple Cider, approximately 4% ABV
- All Mr. Beer Cider Refills are Gluten Free, all natural, GMO Free and designed to work in your Mr. Beer Home Brewing Kit
- Easy to follow 14 day brewing process, just add water
- Mr. Beer Refills take all the guess work out of the brewing process, so you are assured to get a top quality hard cider every time
- Includes 2 Bottles of Hard Apple Cider Mix, 1 Packet of dry brewing yeast and 1 packet of No-Rinse Cleanser
- With the Mr. Beer Hard Apple Cider Refill you will get all the ingredients you need to make a bold, and crisp hard cider at home. The perfect drink for any time of year this Cider is sure to quench your thirst and will be one you must brew again. Included with this refill is 1 packet of Dry Ale Yeast, and 1 packet of No-Rinse Cleanser. All you need is water, and your Mr. Beer Hard Cider Kit to get brewing another batch of clean crisp Hard Cider.