Home Brew Start Kit's are made of the equipment needed to brew your first batch. The equipment for brewing isn't at all that strange or unique, its just not exactly that common. For example, many of the start kits come with some type of carboy or food grade bucket for fermentation. Its important that you use very clean, and sterile buckets or carboys for this. If you have old buckets that you have used for anything other than food, or if they are scratched or have signs of wear and tear, it is much better to start with a new one.
The choice of going with a bucket vs a carboy is really up to the home brewer. Either will do just fine. The carboy gives you a some visual indicators of whats going on inside, without having to remove the lid. It also allows you to see the trub that has settled to the bottom during the fermentation process. In the end either choice will work fine as long as they are adequately sealed with an airlock.
The airlock for brewing beer is one of those necessary pieces, yet is not going to be commonly found around the household. It is designed to let air our of the fermentation vessel, and not let air in. As fermentation is underway, carbon dioxide is being released. This gas needs to escape in order to avoid pressure build up. The airlock is what allows this to happen.
Other than the items mentioned, the starter kits that require bottling, will come with a bottle capper and caps. The capper is a lever-based contraption that, without much effort, allows you to pop a cap right onto a bottle. It makes bottling a case or two of beer fairly simple....and the end product (a couple of full cases), is indeed the reward.
The best home brewing starter kits come in various shapes, forms and prices. Some of them would be considered investments, as you can use this equipment over and over. Some also come with the recipes ready to go for your first batch.
- HOMEBREW FRIENDLY: Whether you're brewing craft beer with your beer making kit, kombucha starter kit, kefir, or soda, these glass bottles with airtight lids make it easy to carry out your latest beverage project. At 16 ounces per bottle, you'll have plenty to serve at your next party. Can be used as kombucha bottles or beer bottles for home brewing.
- SAFELY PACKAGED & REUSABLE: Each set comes safely packaged to prevent breakage while shipping. Each bottle is made of glass and can be reused again and again. Bottles are dishwasher safe.
- DURABLE & RESEALABLE CAPS: Plastic & rubber fliptop gaskets are easy to remove and put on, keeping your homemade beverages sealed and preserving carbonation or any other fermentation.
- PACK OF 6 OR 12: Are you an avid homebrewing pro? Save money by buying in bulk. We offer our customers a choice of a set of 6 or 12 longneck beerbottles per set that can be used as glass beer bottles or bottles for kombucha.
- 30-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Your happiness is our priority. If you have any issues, reach back out and we'll promise to make it right with a refund or a replacement, no questions asked.
Great value. Great quality. At California Basics, we aim to provide our customers with the best quality essentials at the best price.
Our California Basics Beer Bottles feature incredibly high-quality glass bottles perfect for any avid homebrewing hobbyist. Whether making your own kefir, craft beer, kombucha, or soda, our bottles make it easy to store your tasty beverages. Each bottle comes with its own reusable and easy-to-remove fliptop cap so that you can reuse your bottle over and over again.
- Flat Tire hails from one of the most respected breweries in the mountain states.
- Copper-red color, Slightly spicy aroma and flavorful hops, rich and nutty
- Pleasing to the palate, its rich, nutty flavor and smooth texture is a winner with everyone in the crowd.
- Ingredients include: 6 lb. Light liquid malt extract, 8 oz. Special B, 8 oz. Caramel 120L, 8 oz. Bonlander Munich specialty grains, 1 oz. Northern Brewer, 1 oz. Saaz pellet hops, grain bag, priming sugar and yeast.
- Makes 5 Gallons of Finished Beer. Works with any 5 Gallon Beer Brewing Starter Kit
- A combination of yeast and hops creates this amber ale similar to Belgian-styled pale ales. Flat Tire hails from one of the most respected breweries in the mountain states. Pleasing to the palate, its rich, nutty flavor and smooth texture is a winner with everyone in the crowd.
- Home brew your own Wee Heavy Strong Ale
- ABV 9.6%
- Includes 1 oz. premium German Northern Brewer hops
- Complex toffee and vinous notes and a restrained hop character
- Beer Making Recipe Kit Yield: 5 Gallons
- Some Scottish historians theorize that Charles Stuart didn't flee Scotland after the failed 1745 uprising; instead, he had a few too many Wee Heavies in the Outer Hebrides and then just sort of woke up in France. History may keep her secrets, but you can share the experience of a Wee Heavy. There's a little Jacobite Revolution in every bottle. These are the very strongest of all Scottish ales, with a garnet-brown hue, profound maltiness and high alcohol content. Our Wee Heavy showcases complex toffee and vinous notes and a restrained hop character. Best imbibed in small doses, this kit continues to develop with age and is great for cellaring.
Recommended: 2-stage fermentation and yeast starter.
Beer Kit Yield: 5 Gallons;
Regional Style: British;
Beer Style: British/American Strong Ale, Irish and Scottish Ales;
Original Gravity: 1083;
Total Time to Make: 3 months.
Kit includes: malt extract, Yeast, 5 oz. Priming Sugar, 1 oz. premium German Northern Brewer hops, and Specialty Grains with muslin sack.